I got better...in Medjugorje

I’ve been in Medjugorje 15 years ago. As an heroin addict I came there totally devasted. I just felt I wanted to die. But Medjugorje and boys from Cenacolo embraced me. Before that I never knew what God was, didn’t know anything about our lady of Medjugorje. Step by step I started finding new reasons to live. Cenacolo is a tough commune led by former addicts, it is not like you can sell them same stories you use to sell to your parents or friends. They have all been there. You have to work hard there, work and prayer, that is what’s on the table. After a few months when you regain your body strenght then your mind starts to work slowly, only then you start understanding what is happening around you, what is the real purpose of all that. Religion comes additionally, but in my opinion it was never necessary to become some deeply religious person to stay clean, learn how to appreciate yourself enough not to start destroying yourself again..Of course, give yourself a couple of years to understand why you started with heroin in a first place.
Medjugorje is special. No better place to cure youself. Don’t go there because of God or Holly Mother, go to save yourself. Get rid of suicidal thoughts. I remember when I was hooked I thought I was never going to be a normal person again, or even if I got rid of heroin I would stay at least on some pills. Well, it is not like that at all. The thing is that using heroin you become so weak and hurt that you need a lot of time to cure, but it is possible to get better. I experienced that. I got better, I continued my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment